WCPP provides users with access to a wide variety of information on the mdconferencexpress.com domain including, but not limited to articles and publications. The website is owned and operated by The Wellesley Cancer Prevention Project. The website is for physicians and other health care professionals. The website is intended for United States health care professionals only.
We include a lot of information within the website, including articles, references, and tools for medical professionals. Please remember that all of the information available through this website is meant for adults who are licensed healthcare professionals. While we hope you find the website helpful, you should remember that is it not meant to serve as a substitute for your own clinical judgment as a healthcare professional. WCPP does not provide medical advice. If you are a consumer who chooses to use professional-level information available through this website, you should not rely on that information as professional medical advice or use it to replace any relationship with your physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, consumers should always consult their physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel. We follow a standard set of editorial procedures for information that we make available through our website. However, we don’t offer you any warranty or guarantee related to our website. It’s your job to evaluate the information and results from information we provide. If you are a healthcare professional, you should exercise your professional judgment in evaluating any information, and we encourage you to confirm the information made available or otherwise obtained through the website with other sources before undertaking any treatment based on it. If you are a consumer, you should evaluate the information together with your physician or another qualified healthcare professional. Some information made available through the website may be provided by our users. We’re not responsible for that information. Whether the information is provided by us or our users, we’re not liable for any damages resulting from your use of the information made available through this website. Although we are selective about the organizations we link to, we don’t assume any responsibility for any web sites that are linked to or from our website. While we welcome your feedback regarding the website, we must make the final decisions about the content made available through the website. You can use the feedback link on our home page to send us comments. If you are dissatisfied with our response or with the content of the website, your only remedy is to stop using this website.
Our website includes publications intended for use by healthcare professionals. Our publications don’t give professional advice or recommend particular products. Physicians and other healthcare professionals should exercise their own clinical judgment as to the information the publications provide. Consumers who use the information, do so at their own risk. Individuals with any type of medical condition are specifically cautioned to seek professional medical advice before beginning any sort of health treatment. For medical concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, users should always consult their physician or other qualified healthcare professional.
You acknowledge and agree that the website and the information, content and publications presented to you through the website, contain proprietary information, including copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights, that is protected under U.S. and international intellectual property laws. Except as expressly authorized by us or our advertisers, you agree not to sell, rewrite, modify, redistribute, republish, create derivative works, rent, or exploit in any way, either directly or indirectly, any information presented to you through the website, in whole or in part.
Linking to Us.
Usually we don’t mind if you include a simple link from your website to our website. However, you must first ask our permission if you intend to frame our site or incorporate pieces of it into a different site or product in such a way that is not clear to your users that we are the source of the content. You are not allowed to link to our website if you engage in the publication or promotion of illegal, obscene, or offensive content, or if the link in any way negatively impacts our reputation.
Information that You Provide to Our Website.
We offer to our users access to archive publications through the use of a registered user name and password. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your passwords or accounts. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your account and password; (3) promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a password. You grant us and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of this website the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store and use your information in connection with the operation of this website. We cannot and do not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties’ use or misuse of information transmitted or received using our website.
Member Conduct when Using Website.
If you use a bulletin board or other communication tools housed within our website, all communications, information, data, text, music, sound, graphics, messages and other material (the “Content”) are your responsibility and you are responsible for all Content that you upload, post, transmit, email or otherwise distribute. WCPP and its licensors are not responsible for the consequences of the Content posted and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that you may be exposed to Content that is offensive or objectionable. In no event will WCPP be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content uploaded, posted, transmitted, emailed or otherwise made available via the website. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
When you use the communication services of this website, you agree not to:
- Violate local, state, national or international laws;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute any Content that infringes on the intellectual property of others or on the privacy or publicity rights or others;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute any Content that is unlawful, harmful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by WCPP in its sole discretion;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the website;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute chain letters, pyramid schemes, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or spam;
- Impersonate another person or business entity or stalk or otherwise harass another person;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute viruses or other harmful computer code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the use of any computer software or hardware;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Interfere with or disrupt the website or computers, networks or other hardware connected to the website, or disregard any requirements or policies of networks connected to the website;
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the website, or which, in the judgment of WCPP, exposes WCPP or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type;
- Fail to respect other users’ privacy. This includes revealing another user’s password, phone number, address, instant messenger I.D. or address or any other personally identifiable information;
- Create member names, or post, solicit, or send messages, text or photographs that are sexually explicit, that denigrate, threaten, abuse or harm others in any way;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise send any Content that you are not authorized to send under any law or contractual relationship. This includes proprietary and confidential information learned as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements, and any other inside information;
- Post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any other user of this website; or
- With the exception of accessing RSS feeds, use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the website for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activities conducted on the website; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the website.
WCPP may (but is not obligated) do any or all of the following without notice:
- Record or pre-screen the dialogue in public chat rooms;
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the Content;
- Edit Content.
You agree and acknowledge that the processing and transmission of the communication services, including your Content, may involve transmissions over various networks and devices and necessary modifications as required for such transmissions.
Dealing with Advertisers.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the website, including payment and delivery or related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the website.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that the website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18.
Laws that Govern this Agreement.
The Wellesley Cancer Prevention Project controls this website from its offices within the state of Massachusetts in the United States of America. However, the website can be accessed from any of the United States and from other countries worldwide. Since the laws of each State or country able to access the website might differ, by accessing the website both you and WCPP agree that the statutes and laws of the state of Massachusetts, without regard to choice of laws principles, will apply to all matters relating to use of our website. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition. WCPP makes no representation that materials made available through the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You acknowledge that WCPP has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the website; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release WCPP from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the website. The website may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. WCPP makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the website, and WCPP will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the website. THE SERVICE, CONTENT, AND WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WCPP OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $100. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Termination and Modification.
Notice and Take Down Procedures and Copyright Agent.
WCPP respects the intellectual property of others. It is WCPP ‘s policy to respond expeditiously to claims of copyright and other intellectual property infringement. WCPP will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, WCPP may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. WCPP will terminate access for subscribers and account holders who are repeat infringers.
Notifying WCPP of Copyright Infringement: To provide WCPP notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to WCPP’s copyright agent (identified below) that sets forth the information specified by the DMCA (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512). Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your copyright.
Providing WCPP with Counter-Notification: If we remove or disable access to content in response to an infringement notice, we will make reasonable attempts to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content. If you feel that your material does not constitute infringement, you may provide WCPP with a counter notification by written communication to WCPP’s copyright agent that sets forth all of the necessary information required by the DMCA (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512). Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is not infringing the copyrights of others. If you are uncertain whether or not an activity constitutes infringement, we recommended that you seek the advice of an attorney.
WCPP’s agent for copyright issues relating to this website is as follows:
The Wellesley Cancer Prevention Project
P.O. Box 812387
Wellesley, MA 02482
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, WCPP maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of the website who are repeat infringers.
Effective date: September 21, 2011